This page explains how Fermanagh and Omagh District Council (FODC) uses any information which is given to us, and the ways in which we protect your privacy.
It covers the website at http://mablearchcavesgeopark.com
We aim to comply at all times with any relevant legislative requirements:
- The Data Protection Act.
Under the Data Protection Act, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. The personal data you give FODC will be used exclusively for providing you with the information or service which you have requested. We do not pass any of your personal data to outside organisations and/or individuals, except with your express consent.
- The Distance Selling Regulations.
The Distance Selling Regulations give protection to consumers who shop by phone, mail order, the Internet or digital TV. This means that you have:
- right to receive clear information about goods and services before deciding to buy;
- the right to have this information confirmed in writing;
- a cooling off period of seven working days during which you can withdraw from the contract; and
- protection from credit card fraud.
What Information do we collect?
We collect information for the following purposes:-
If you send us an e-mail or letter, we will not pass on any of your personal information when dealing with your query or comment, unless we have your permission to do so. Once we have replied to you, we keep a record of your message for six months for audit purposes, after which it is deleted. Email monitoring policy: The use of FODC’s email system may be monitored and communications read in order to secure effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.
- Information Updates
If you subscribe to our E-zine facility, your personal information may also be used by us to occasionally notify you about important events or new Council services which we think you’ll find valuable. We do not give our email lists out to other third parties.
- Online Purchasing and Security
Information submitted will be stored by the relevant department and used to process any requests. Once we have processed your payment, we will not store your credit card details.
We use encryption software to protect your data and maintain strict security safeguards to prevent unauthorised access to it. Encryption means converting data such as your payment card number or home address, into coded data to make it unrecognisable. When you enter the secure area of our website, you will see a padlock icon appear in the bottom right hand corner of your browser window and the beginning of the website address will change from “http” to “https”.
Where a business transaction takes place, commercial records may be retained for up to seven years. Since no authentication of visitors is provided on this site the Council cannot be held responsible for any acts of impersonation and will assume all information submitted is genuine unless there is reason to doubt its authenticity. Should you suspect that a false entry has been made using your identity please advise the Council and appropriate corrective action will be considered.
- Site Usage
We do not store or capture personal information but merely log your IP address, and session information such as the duration of the visit and the type of browser used. This is automatically recognised by the Web server and is used only for system administration, and to provide statistics which are used to evaluate the use of this site.
Limitation of Liability
Whilst FODC has taken every care in compiling information and material for this web site, this information should not be relied upon as a substitute for formal advice from the originating departments of the Council or its partners. We will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of an inaccuracy or error contained in these web pages.
Summary of Terms
- Browser: Used to locate and display web pages via a software application. The most popular ones are Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- IP address: If you are connected to the Internet, you have one. It looks something like 184.108.40.206.
- Web Server: Delivers (serves up) web pages to your computer.
Links to another Site
FermanaghOmagh.com contains links to other websites. This privacy statement applies only to our site, and you should always read the privacy statement of any site which collects personal information.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
If this statement changes in any way, we will place an updated version on this page
What is a PDF?
PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is a common internet file format. It’s used for electronic distribution because it keeps the look and feel of the original document, including the fonts, colours, images, and layout.
It also can be used across many different types of computers and browsers and is commonly used for government publications, leaflets and forms.
Opening PDF files
You can download a program called Acrobat Reader and install it onto your computer. The program is available free of charge from the Adobe Acrobat site. Because the download is large – typically between 70MB and 76MB – you may find it easier to find a copy of the program on one of the CDs distributed by computer magazines.
- Visitors to our website;
- Feedback information you provide to us through the website;
Visitors to our website
When someone visits our website at http://marblearchcavesggeopark.com we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting any part of our website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and we will explain what we intend to do with it.
The list below explains the cookies we use and why:
- Google Analytics -www.surveymonkey.com: Collects information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- Google Analytics – http://marblearchcavesgeopark.com: Collects information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- Google Analytics -www.gmodules.com: Collects information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- Flash Cookies: Flash animation was found which could indicate the use of Flash Local Stored Objects – commonly known as Flash Cookies.
- Advisory Messages including Surveys: Advisory Message cookie checks to make sure the current visitor has been presented with an advisory message such as a survey opportunity, when on the Homepage. Once the user has indicated they have seen the message, it will no longer be presented on revisting the Homepage / Website. The cookie expires after 14 days.
- StatCounter: StatCounter is used to monitor actual human activity in real-time
- Microsoft Translator: The Microsoft translator installs a cookie ‘csId’, which is used as part of the ‘Translate’ function and is provided by Microsoft. It stores a unique visitor id.
Third Party Cookies
We use Google Analytics to supply site analytics for our website usage to improve the way we present our website. Google – www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, Facebook, Flickr, YouTube or Twitter, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. FODC does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these and urge you to review these as they will govern the use of information you submit or which is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites.
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/privacy
- You Tube: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/privacy/
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout